Arguably the most iconic park in the United States, Central Park is one of the best places to married in New York City. During the Spring and Summer season, our New York wedding photographers shoot at least one wedding ceremony or elopement per week in the 140 year old urban park. Planning a location for a Central Park wedding may seem daunting, but fear not. We have created a list of beautiful places to get married in Central Park, New York.
1. The Turtle Pond- Located in the middle of the park near 79th street and 80th street, this pond is a wedding photographer favorite for couples looking for a more quiet and intimate area for their nuptials. This wedding venue location is one of Central Park’s designated quiet zones.
2. Belvedere Plaza- Close to the Turtle Pond area of the park, this area’s setting is perfect for the bride looking a romantic and regal location for their wedding photography. Your bride will feel every bit a princess as this part of the park has a stunning view of Belvedere Castle.
3. Wagner Cove- Another mid-park wedding venue location is Wagner Cover, near the corner of the lake. This secluded area is very romantic and has a beautiful covered dock that blends seamlessly into the foliage like a rustic landscape painting.
4. Bow Bridge- This iconic cast-iron bridge has been seen in several famous movies including The Way We Were, Keeping the Faith, and, Manhattan. Many couples who get married in Central Park love it for its views of the lake, the Boathouse, and the Bethesda Terrace and Fountain.
5. Shakespeare Garden- Our final pick is for those couples looking for a more magical garden type setting for their wedding. Inspired by, “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”, the Shakespeare Garden is blossoming with beautiful flowers and trees.
If you are considering elopement, Central Park is a wonderful venue for that too. It’s a perfect simple yet elegant location for your ceremony. Feel free to ask New York wedding photography studios about their elopement packages. Most are very familiar with photographing weddings in Central Park. For more information, feel free to visit the Central Park website or visit the park in person. Congratulations to all those who are planning their wedding!