The end of the fall semester is almost here for high school students across the nation. The last few months of the fall semester signals the beginning of college application time, an extremely important time for seniors. For those interested in majoring in fashion related studies, it can be daunting to apply to fashion school since there are so many great ones in the US. Here at Le Image, our team of fashion writers and fashion photographers have compiled a list of the top fashion schools in the US for 2013 for all of our readers!
- Parsons, The New School For Design– Parsons is a fashion powerhouse that has produced some of the most well known current fashion designers in the industry including Tom Ford, Donna Karen, Marc Jacobs and Jason Wu. The school offers a wide array of fashion related studies including design and fashion marketing. This New York City based college also has some of the best master-classes with top designers regularly teaching their undergrad and graduate students.
- Fashion Institute of Technology– Another New York based university that offers an amazing fashion program for prospective students. FIT is part of the SUNY network and has notable alums such as Calvin Klein, Michael Kors and Carolina Herrera. FIT also has an exceptional museum and lecture series available to all of its students.
- Pratt Institute- The Brooklyn, New York art school has recently been expanding its fashion prowess, jumping in ratings as one of the best fashion schools in America. With eccentric alumni such as Jeremy Scott and Betsey Johnson, Pratt has a diverse elective schedule, allowing students to take classes in fashion editorial/magazine publishing.
- Kent State University- Finally, a top fashion school outside of NYC! Kent State offers great study abroad opportunities in Paris & Milan for its fashion students and a comprehensive MBA program in fashion related business. This fashion school also offers plenty of scholarships for its incoming students!
- Academy of Art University- For those prospective students more interested in the west coast, Academy of Art University is the only fashion school that shows at New York Fashion Week. The San Francisco college also offers great majors in fashion journalism, fashion merchandising and business.
We hope you found this list helpful when choosing what fashion schools to apply to! Although the application process may be scary, it’s best to take the time to do your research and polish your college application to perfection. Wherever you decide to apply, congratulations to the class of 2014!Read more